Thursday, January 20, 2011

Schedule Revamp

I've only been at this CPA nonsense for just over a week and I'm spent. Exhausted both physically and mentally and just done. So I've decided to revamp my schedule since I can't continue at this pace until July. Previously I was scheduled to study 30 hours a week and I've come to realize I just can't do that and stay sane. So I'm eliminating my morning study sessions so I can get a full 8 hours of sleep and increasing my study time on non-class nights. I also have reduced my weekend study hours because they were a bit unrealistic. Here's the new schedule:

Monday: 3 hours in the evening
Tuesday: 4 hours in class
Wednesday: 3 hours in the evening
Thursday: 4 hours in class
Friday: FREE NIGHT!!!
Saturday: 5 hours (broken apart as needed)
Sunday: 5 hours (broken apart as needed)
Total: 24 hours a week

I really would like to make it to 25 hours a week, but I'll see how difficult squeezing in that extra hour becomes. Giving myself this extra breathing room has really helped get some of my motivation back. And my trainer last night even said to me, "I really like your enthusiasm!" Um... I guess that means I'm doing a good job faking it until I actually believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment