Saturday, October 8, 2011

New Look, New Adventure

So I've been quiet for a while, actually it has been quite a long while. But the good news is that I'm back and at the beginning of a new, very exciting adventure. More on that in a minute.

First I need to catch you up on everything that has gone on to get us to where we are today.

I took REG, my first test of the CPA exam. The experience sucked. The questions kept getting harder, which is a good sign. But only luck would have gotten me a correct answer in the last testlet since I had no clue what they were talking about. So I waited a horribly long time and found out that I passed. *insert crickets chripping* Weird, right? It wasn't "I PASSED!!! Woohoo I'll conquer the world!" It was just "I passed. So what's for dinner?" Literally. And that got me thinking, do I really want to be a CPA? Is this really going to make me happy? If not, then what would make me happy?

So there was some questioning the purpose of life in there, but I determined I wasn't pursuing the CPA for the right reasons. I was doing it because I have worked in accounting for close to a decade (man I'm getting old) and I thought those three letter should be at the end of my name. In reality, Redhead in Raleigh CPA wouldn't make me any happier than Redhead in Raleigh. So the CPA journey ended, and that surprisingly made me happy!

I decided my job was too much work and not enough fulfillment and challenge. So I threw my resume out there on days that were particularly grueling. I got a bite, an interview, and an offer I couldn't say no to. Leaving my job was awkward to say the least. People I expected to support my decision did anything but. And those who I never expected support from were standing by my side. Funny how things work out like that. Good news is that the amazing offer has continued to be amazing and then some. I enjoy my work. I believe in my new company. And I even like the people I work with! Three sentences I've never been able to say at the same time before!

Work was taken care of, but there was a still a void in my personal life. I am lucky to have an amazing husband who was feeling the same way. What would our next step be? Follow the traditional path and get pregnant? Nope, it just didn't feel right. Most people don't know what to make of that sentence but that's the only way we can explain it. It might be right down the road, but today it isn't for us. But the weird part is that we want a child to love. So... drum roll please... we are becoming Foster Parents!



Even Rudy is excited to be the "Big Brother"!

No comments:

Post a Comment