Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Cookies Part 1: Chocolate No-Bake Cookies

These are fondly referred to as "piles of poo" in our household, because... well...  You can figure that part out!  But I guarantee that they are delicious despite their appearance and have been a holiday favorite of my coworkers (from all of my jobs actually)!

Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
Waxed paper

In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, until cooled and hardened.


***Confession:  One of the reasons I agreed to getting granite in our kitchen is because I knew it would make these cookies harden quicker.  Kevin was not thrilled by this tid-bit since he isn't a fan of the poo piles covering our entire house since one year I got a little carried away and made 5 batches and covered every flat surface in our apartment (including the treadmill and ironing board)!

No comments:

Post a Comment