Friday, April 13, 2012

It's Official!

We are licensed! 

We are officially foster parents, just without the foster kids!  Woohoo!  We made it through the crazy process of becoming foster parents.

And true to form the system surprised us, yet again. 

Our paperwork was sent to the state on Leap Day (2/29/2012).  And we were told it would take 45 to 60 days to hear back.  Because I have been ready to have this process completed since before we started, they warned us that it had been taking closer to 60 days.  This made our estimated licensing date on 4/29/12 (60 days).  The optomistic side of me was hoping for 4/14/12 (45 days).  And since that fell on a Saturday I figured we wouldn't hear until Monday 4/16/12 at the very earliest. 

Yes, I love numbers and I have had nothing else to do besides wait.  And calculate the expected time of our license obviously.

But today is the 44th day!  Proof that there is hope for the government to be more efficient.

I honestly think it was Friday the 13th goodness that did the trick!

And now we wait for "the call".  I'm sure I'll find some other random thing to overanalyze in the mean time.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment